This is an opportunity to join a global company and leader in the field of natural colour extracts for the food, health and beauty sectors.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support to the R&D department. This will include:
· Using spectrocolorimetric techniques (UV spectrophotometer and colorimeter) to analyse colour strength and shade of raw materials and finished products.
· Performing chemical characterisations such as pH, acidity, alkalinity, moisture etc
· Organising other testing with external laboratories
· Prepare and test samples of colour formulations
· Factory trials and technical troubleshooting
· Set up specifications, COA, method of analyses of natural colours
· Perform colour matches of natural and synthetic sources in basic F&B matrices using natural colour portfolio
· Develop and prepare samples of natural extract blends in liquid or powder form
· Set up stability trials to analyse performance of the colours in simple matricies to mimic stability in various F&B applications.
· Make and record observations, perform calculations, collect, and prepare data for evaluation and write reports.
This is a full-time (35 hours), permanent position.
· Degree in Food Science or similar.
· We are looking for a minimum of 1 year of experience, post-graduation and preferably in the ingredients sector within the food and drinks/flavour/savoury industry.
· Experience with basic wet analytical chemistry techniques – pH titration, UV-Vis spectrometry etc.
· Excellent Lab skills.
· Colorimetry a bonus.
Attractive salary on offer with:
· Pension contributions of 5%, 8% and 14.5% dependent upon age
· Income Protection for long term illness
· Life Cover of 4 times basic salary
Driving licence useful to get to rural location of site.
Indicative Salary Range: £25000 – 30000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
This maternity cover contract would run until 30th June 2019. Essentially it affords you the opportunity to use you technical...Apply For This Job