This is a maternity cover position working evenings for a market leading fresh produce marketing company.
The purpose of this job is to have a comprehensive understanding of company commitment and focus towards quality and its implementation through the Quality Management System. It is also to deal with produce quality and labelling issues as they occur, carrying out tests and checks and ensure any failures are documented appropriately.
· To be familiar with packing requirements through the daily packing instructions.
· To inspect and approve customer labels according to customer specifications and the daily approved label instructions from Sales.
· To communicate non-conformances through all stage of quality control to the relevant departments – Technical, Quality Assurance, Operations.
· To assist in the training of operatives to ensure compliance to customer specifications.
· To maintain a close working relationship with the QA Manager and operations personnel to ensure continuous flow of information relating to quality and production performance.
· Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are being followed as required.
· Liaise with sales, technical and procurement teams as required.
· Assist with the development of new packing processes and quality management procedures that may occur from time to time.
· To collate samples where required.
· Other ad hoc duties as required.
· Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
· Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
· Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
· Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
· Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
· Very good organisational skills
· Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
You must be prepared to work evenings for this job.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
An opportunity has emerged to join this well-known food manufacturer on a 12 month contract. Main duties of the...Apply For This Job