The Manufacturing supervisor will lead the daily activities of the manufacturing department, ensuring the smooth running of the manufacturing unit with deadlines and end goals in mind. Ensuring all staff are utilised on a daily basis, the Manufacturing Supervisor will take a hands-on approach to supporting staff and dealing with queries and daily issues.
• Responsible for the manufacturing of product by the most cost effective means to the agreed specification.
• Scheduling of all work within the factory and the organisation of workflows.
• Supervision of all staff within the manufacturing area, from time and attendance, discipline and performance management.
• Lead staff to ensure the team meets business critical deadlines and targets.
• Maintain work flows by monitoring progress, overseeing staff and resources.
• Plant maintenance, ensuring machinery is maintained and repairs/annual maintenance is scheduled at ideal times for the Production team.
• Reporting on performance and progress to manufacturing manager.
• Promote a positive working environment and motivate staff.
• Ensure the efficient and accurate control of stock.
• Adhere and demonstrate best practice in line with the company food safety standards and procedures.
• To be actively involved in reducing waste and Lean Manufacturing management.
• To ensure cleaning & hygiene standards are maintained.
• To accurately record machine downtime with reasons.
• To provide training for production staff.
• Review, develop & record staff training.
• As part of the production team develop & maintain quality systems in accordance with BRC requirements.
• To ensure all departmental risk assessments are complete with actions and review dates.
• Ensue Good Manufacturing Practices are followed and play a leading role in the companies food safety policy.
• To play a leading role in maintaining the company’s Health & Safety policy.
• Any other task that is commensurate with this position or as directed by the production management team.
Person Specifications & Skills
• Experienced supervisor with a background in food manufacturing
• Have good written & verbal communication skills
• The ability to work quickly and under pressure
• The ability to manage 30 staff of varied workload
• Good problem-solving skills
• The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
• An awareness of health and safety legislation
• Experience working with BRC standard (desirable).
• Salary £25k to £30k negotiable depending on experience.
• Pension Scheme.
• Working hours: 40hrs/week Mon to Fri between 6am to 7pm
• Great team environment.
• Free secure car parking.
• 30 days annual leave including bank holidays.
Candidate must be reliable in both attendance & time keeping.
Indicative Salary Range: £25000 – 30000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.