Do you speak fluent Italian and have a technical background in the food industry?
This Italian food brand is a market leader that for over 20 years has exclusively supplied the independent grocery market with a comprehensive range of “best in category” Italian larder essentials. Acknowledged by both the trade and consumers as the finest selection from Italy’s top artisan food producers, it is a range with the ethics of food production at its core. They produce our own award winning extra virgin olive oil and the brand includes very many best in category artisanal Italian specialities.
We require an articulate Bilingual (English & Italian speaking) Quality Assurance Manager to oversee and manage all product assurances processes and procedures.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Implementing and leading a progressive QA function
• Using your skills to ensure the correct specifications and highest quality standards are met through robust quality practices
• Being audit ready to customer accreditation, BRC requirements and compliant with the latest food safety regulations
• Being the quality expert in the business and ensuring and promoting best practice
• Reacting and pro-actively planning for the technical demands that arise as the business grows
• NPD is also part of your job. You will work with a team, led by an experienced product manager, to develop new product, and will be liaising proactively with Italian suppliers
• Making sure all aspects of the NPD launch process are proactively completed as required and all relevant personnel are involved and updated
Desired Skills and Experience:
• To be an excellent QA Manager you will need either a food degree or an equivalent qualification and relevant experience of working in a technical / quality role
• You`ll have a good understanding of BRC and retailer standards
• Your ability to switch between hands on quality and project work will be important
• The skilled use of Excel will be advantageous
• Italian/English fluency is a must
• Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm
• Salary: competitive (negotiable, depending on experience) + bonus
• Opportunity to join growing business
• 20 days’ holiday per annum
Tagged as: Italian